It's been a while since the last post. I have about 3 posts under construction, but I've given up on them because I'm having problems with uploading pictures.
Anyways, most recent news...Isaac has started preschool at St. Luke's and is loving it. His best friends are Ben and Luc. Ben is also one of our neighbors and goes to our church, First Baptist. Isaac goes to school Monday and Thursdays from 9am to 12pm. On Mondays I have that time alone with Benjamin and we either go run some errands or come home and hang out. It's nice to have some one on one time with him. Benjamin is outgrowing his morning naps (we're in a very painful transition period where one is not enough and two are impossible) so that's been a little stressful. He's walking all over the place, even trying to run--usually away from me or Isaac with something he's not supposed to have in his hands! He doesn't say too many words, but he knows how to make his wants and needs known with lots of loud grunts and vigorous finger-pointing. He is now into feeding himself, and I have to try really hard to keep from getting upset at the mess that he makes at meal times. And, of course, he refuses to wear a bib so I have to change his clothes after every meal. Spray 'N Wash is my best friend.
Latest story about Isaac: we had left his stuffed doggy blanket in Virginia after our most recent trip and didn't get it mailed to us for over a week after we got back. After the first few days of being without him Isaac seemed almost to have forgotten about him! He rarely asked for him except briefly right before falling asleep from sheer exhaustion at the end of the day. Then one afternoon while we were playing around at home he turns to me and says, "Mommy, I miss daw-dawg". I told him that he was on his way and would get here in just a few days (my dad had mailed it off a few days earlier). To our pleasant surprise it arrived that very day! Isaac opened up the package and when he saw that it was his daw-dawg he yelled, "Daw-dawg!!!!" and gave him a big hug. I looked at him and saw that he was crying! He was SO happy to see him! It was the sweetest thing ever. Isaac is my sensitive little boy. Walter was a little upset that daw-dawg got a more emotional welcome than he did when he got back from a 10-day trip to Vietnam!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear that Isaac and daw-dawg are reunited! Has Benjamin gotten attached to lamby?
That is such a sweet story! I hope you have lots of pictures of him with his daw-dawg so you can remind him of the time he was separated from it when he gets older!!
Post a Comment