The last few days I've been feeling discouraged with my eating habits. I do well with breakfast, but then the rest of the day all my resolve to eat moderately and healthily seem to vanish. Today I memorized this verse from the Bible: "But the fruit of the Spirit are these: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against these things there is no law." (Galatians 5:22-23) I'm realizing that in this area of food I seriously lack self-control. I spend too much time, energy, and money on food. And, of course, I eat too much of it. So, my prayer is that the Lord will give me more self-control in this part of my life. I talked this over with Walter and we came up with a few things that need to change. To start with I need to stop finishing off my kids' plates. It's terrible, but I some times find myself hoping that they won't finish their food so that I can for them! Another thing that I'm going to stop is buying things at Costco that I know only I will eat (like a huge package of Tillamook cheddar cheese, enormous wedges of brie and gargantuan jars of mango peach salsa). I can get smaller sized portions at the regular grocery store if I need them. Also, I'm going to try and cook smaller portions for dinner so that we don't have so many leftovers. I'm usually the one to finish them off because I can't bear to "waste" food by throwing them away. So, those are the three things I'm going to work on for now, with the Lord's help.
On a brighter note, I did my twelfth (sp?) workout of the 30-Day Shred today. I'm still on Level 1 and it's still really hard for me, but the 20 minutes seem to go by very quickly. I'm thankful that Walter does it with me because otherwise I would have stopped at workout #3. We are hoping to get in better shape for our beach trip in March of next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you, Julia. Thanks for sharing your struggle- you're not alone!! God has much grace for you in this and will delight in giving you self control. BTW- you look good:) Laura
Thanks, Laura!
Post a Comment