Thursday, September 16, 2010

Joel Sleep Update

We are making definite headway with Joel's sleep the past few weeks. He is waking to eat just once a night now. We've been putting him down to bed around 8:30, but tonight we were able to get him to bed by 8pm. Last night he woke up around 2am, but instead of taking him out of his crib to feed him like I usually do I decided to give him his pacifier. He took it and then went back to sleep and didn't wake up until 6am! I fed him then and then he went back to sleep until 7:30. I put him down for his morning nap at 9:30 and he went down really easily. He slept until 10:20 when I had to wake him to take Isaac to his gymnastics class. I'm pretty sure he would have kept on sleeping. We got back from gymnastics at 11:30 and he was tired so after eating he went right to sleep again in his crib. He slept until about 12:30, stayed up for about an hour and then went back to sleep at 1:30. He slept until 4pm! Then he was up until 5:30 and then took another short nap from 5:30 until 6pm. We bathed him, fed him and put him to bed at 7:30, but he resisted a bit until 8pm. Now it's 8:42pm. We'll see how he does, but I'm hopeful that he'll do well.
I feel so much better now that I can see a schedule forming and his naps and night sleep are getting longer. I don't think Isaac or Benjamin did this this early! Well, hopefully, Joel will keep his up.

No comments: